WARNING: LONG-ASS POST REVEALING MY DARKEST SECRETS, USING UP WORDS I COULD WRITE HUNDREDS OF POEMS WITH.
Okay, so, it’s been a long while since I did a tag. A really long while. But since I like you, SW, I am doing this for you. And, only because this one has decent get-to-know-you-better questions and not the lame-ass questions most tags have. (Not that I have that many readers left wanting to get to know me better now since I disappear all the fucking time.)
1. What are you currently wearing?
A pink cropped top and bottoms with adorable police cars, and taxis, and trucks on them. (Yes. I am that childish.)
2. Have you ever been in love?
Nope. Probably won’t ever be.
3. Have you ever had a terrible breakup?
No. No relationships, no breakups. I don’t need tragedy to be as tragically dramatic as I am.
4. How old are you?
5. How tall are you?
5′ 4.456″. (The. 456 is of utmost importance.)
6. Do you have any piercing?
Just the standard lobe piercing. I want to get a conch, daith, or a snug piercing soooo damn bad though.
7. What’s your favorite drink?
Water. Hands down.
8. What’s your favorite song?
Not much of a fan of “favorites”. I love music. All music. I am currently listening to Gin Wigmore’s Saturday Smile and Awolnation’s Sail a lot though. So.
9. What’s your zodiac sign?
Gemini. (Yep. There’s a reason I have bipolar-esque tendencies.)
10. How long does it take for you to shower?
I am anti-shower. Not anti-bathing, mind you. ANTI-SHOWER. The amount of water we waste every time we shower? GOD. I can’t even.
But, yes. If it’s the bathing time we are talking about, 8-10 minutes, most days.
11. What’s your favorite show?
Political dramas like Reign and mystery dramas like Lost. I want to watch Suits. But I will wait till the series concludes. GoT, too. But, again, still ongoing.
12. What’s your favorite band?
Awolnation, All Time Low, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Breaking Benjamin, Guns N Roses, Three Days Grace, Aerosmith, Queen, Linkin Park, Bon Jovi, Imagine Dragons, System of a Down, Twenty One Pilots, The Rolling Stones, Green Day, Coldplay, Snow Petrol, The Cure, Maroon 5, Fall Out Boy, CNCO, One Republic, Dixie Chicks, Little Mix, Paramore.
13. Something you really miss?
Guzraa hua waqt.
Very dramatic. But, yes.
14. Where do you go when you are sad?
Inside a book, I guess.
Physically though? The upper sitting in my home. It’s a little elevated place with the floor totally covered by a huge mattress and it closes off from the rest of the house by some curtains.
15. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
10 minutes, give or take a couple of minutes.
16. Have you ever been in a physical fight?
Yes. It’s mostly screaming matches now though.
17. What turns you on?
Quick wit, great conversational skills, well-dressed and well-groomed people (Someone who looks like they give a shit about how they look.), they should sound good (As vain as that is. People who poop when they open their mouths are a no-go.).
Also, these don’t “turn me on” but I like dimples (I wanted some for me, but, well, it doesn’t work that way so, I appreciate it on other people) and tall people (I love heels. Ridiculously high heels. So.).
18. What turns you off?
BO, dull people, sexist assholes, MCPs, slow walkers, slow talkers, slow everything, really.
19. Qualities you look for in a partner?
I don’t? Look for a partner, that is. So, no qualities either.
20. What’s your favorite color?
Gray, black, white.
21.Loud music or soft?
All music. At a high volume.
22. Favorite quote?
“It is written.”
“Whatever happened happened.”
“Not all those who wander are lost.”
Could I BE any more of a cliché, considering the name of my blog?
23. Favorite actor?
Don’t have any.
24. Do you have any fears?
Drowning. I don’t know how to swim. I can’t bring myself to learn. It’s safe to say, I sit at the shallowest end of the pool if I ever have to. Love the ocean though.
25. What’s the last thing that made you cry?
I cry at every little thing. Someone loses someone close to them in a book? Waterworks. A parent died in a movie? Heavy Rains. You are advised to stay home. Someone who I know remotely dies? Floods. My maa yells at me? Cloud burst. Everybody in the proximity is dead.
26. Last time you said you loved someone?
It’s been a while.
27. Last book you read?
Probably a YA novel. I was also reading Nikita Gill and Rupi Kaur’s poem collections. God are they beautiful.
28. The book you are currently reading?
None at the moment. I was planning on reading Dongri to Dubai though. It’s based on Dawood Ibrahim’s life? Yep. Totally experimenting with serious non-fiction.
29. Last show you watched?
Um okay. This is my secret shame. But, The Originals.
30. Last place you were?
I have been home since yesterday evening. But I was at the gym last if that counts.
31. Last sport you played?
Does throwing around the Frisbee count? If not, is aerobics a sport or a dance from? Or yoga? If none of these count, then badminton or football. Not sure.
32. Who’s the last person you talked to?
33. The last song you sang?
Saturday Smile by Gin Wigmore.
34. Favorite chat up line?
I hate “chatting people up”. I am the person who lets hundreds of texts collect before she even opens WhatsApp. I prefer the serious conversations with a halt. A few texts here. A few texts there. I hate making small talk.
35. Do you have a crush?
36. The relationship between you and the last person you texted?
My mausi’s (maternal aunt’s) best friend. Or maybe it was a friend. I can’t recall.
37. Favorite food?
Anything without a face minus apple guard.
38. Place you want to visit?
Is everywhere too ambitious?
39. What’s the last time you kissed someone?
No kissing and telling.
40. Last time you were insulted?
Generally I am the one hurling insults. But my cousin tends to get away with flinging a couple at me as revenge. It happened earlier in the week.
41. What’s your favorite sweet?
Moong ki daal ka halwa. I will give my left kidney for a bowl of that right now.
42. What instruments do you play?
I used to play the synthesiser back in the day. I try to strum my mother’s guitar. But I suck at it. And, I want to learn to play violin and piano. Some day. Sigh
43. Favorite piece of jewelry?
44. Last time you hung out with anyone?
A couple of weeks back. It was a childhood friend. We had a falling out a few years ago. We mended our friendship.:”)
I am not doing the nominating thing. Whoever is in the mood to share too much information about themselves, go ahead.
1. His arms around your waist, holding tight. 2. The scent of giddy expectations all over your body. 3. The promises of being by your side, sometimes forever, sometimes for just a moment. 4. The feeling of being whole the morning after. 5. The little pecks all over your being. 6. The smile that never leaves your face. 7. The need to shout from the top of a high rise about how wonderful he is. 8. The discovery of feelings you never thought you would have. 9. The stars in your eyes when you think of him. 10. The comfort in the silence as you lay in each other’s arms. 11. The need to write poems about his crooked smile and his deep, beautiful eyes.
P.S. This one came back after being MIA for 4 days. So.